Monday, April 27, 2009

Glass City Half-Marathon 2009

After 10 weeks of training, I finished my first half-marathon yesterday. It was a really nice day in Toledo...almost too nice. The temperature hit 75 degrees as we crossed the finish line. The race was much harder than any of my training runs. I finished the 13.1 miles in 2 hours, 5 minutes with a pace of 9:30min/mile (just over my goal of finishing under 2 hours). All of the pictures were taken by my husband, who followed us along the trail stopping every couple of miles for an action shot and some cheering! Thanks babe!


{At the starting line with fellow runners Kristen, Nicole and Erin}

{And we're off}


{Kristen and I still smiling 3 miles in}


{Feeling pretty miserable at 10 miles}

{Headed down the final stretch}


{Crossing the finish line!!}

{Group photo after finishing}


{Very painful blister!! }


{Post race pic by the river}

4 comments:

Becky said...

You need to quit posting info on your marathon, because I am feeling guilty that I could not do that. Congrats!!!! you are awesome.

Cheryl said...

good job! I would be in ER on the first mile and you wouldn't have been there to take care of me! Your nephew just arrived and I'm going to chase after him now. He has strep but he's still a major biker on his new trike.

Dana said...

Good for you girl! That is so awesome. A very worthy goal and a very impressive time. Plus, you look hot the whole time, something not right about that! Congrats, that's a big accomplishment.

Laura Lyden said...

I can't believe you ran a marathon- I feel like such a slacker now!! You look great- I guess with the exception of the blister- Ouch!!! Miss you!